Jun 30 2015
We can't believe Independence Day is right around the corner! If you are planning to host a celebration for the 4th keep reading to learn our tips for throwing a great 4th of July party at your home!
1. Decorate in red white and blue - People love getting decked out for the 4th of July so make sure your home is looking Patriotic for the event. Get red, white and blue tablecloths and cups and blow up matching balloons for color.
2. Set up an activity for kids - Remember this post we wrote last year? (DIY 4th of July Parade Wands) Take a look and learn how the kids at your party can make some 4th of July parade wands to stay busy.
3. Have plenty of cold beverages - July 4th is notorious for being hot! Make sure your guests have plenty of cold drinks available to them to stay hydrated. Fill a few coolers and label them with what's inside so people don't have to dig through them to find what they're looking for.
4. Make festive desserts - A red, white and blue trifle or star-sprinkled cupcakes? Why not make both? Your guests (especially the kids) will love devouring these.
5. Make room in the shade - Have plenty of umbrellas and shaded areas available to your guests so they can step out of the sun if needed.
6. Add a sunscreen and bug spray station - If your party is going to take place outdoors, think about filling a bucket with sunscreens and bug sprays for your guests to use. Place them in a central place that's easily accessible.
7. Dress the part - Pick up some fun items from your local party store for your guests to wear. Think beads, glasses and hats that are inspired by Uncle Sam!
Tags:4th of july party, independence day, july 4th, fourth of july, hosting a 4th of july party, july 4th ideas
Jun 22 2015
Whether it's your desk at work or the one in your home office, it's important to keep your work space clean! Stacks of paper, pieces of mail and other items can really start piling up causing a cluttered mess. Follow these five steps to keep your desk neat and tidy every day!
1. Clean your cluttered piles weekly. Designate a time of the week (maybe Friday after lunch) to spend some time going through your piles of paperwork and other clutter and put things back in their place. Shred anything that is unwanted to get rid of it for good.
2. Make sure everything has a home. You can purchase stack-able, plastic holders for all of your desk supplies at your local office supply store. You will feel much tidier if all of your pens, flash drives, notepads etc have a place to call home.
3. Clean your keyboard and wipe down your work space weekly. Use an air duster to clean the keyboard and wipe down your desk and phone with a disinfectant.
4. Use file cabinets. Misplacing important documents can be easy to do if you don't have a proper filing system in place. Hang some folders and start organizing your paperwork to keep it out of sight.
5. Start labeling. Whether you like to use a label maker or you trust your own penmanship, having things labeled will certainly give your workspace a sense of organization. You can label your trays for outgoing mail, our drawers on your file cabinet and your folders.
Tags:organizing desk, how to organize work space, cleaning work space, how to keep a tidy desk
Jun 17 2015
The official start to summer is only days away which means there are many sunny beach days ahead of us! If you like spending your weekends relaxing on the sand, keep reading to find out what is on our list of beach essentials. Keep these items in a bag and in your car so whenever an impromptu beach day presents itself, you'll be fully prepared!
2. A beach chair
3. A good book
4. A cooler
5. A big hat to keep the rays off your face
6. A towel and a beach blanket
8. An umbrella to shield the sun
9. Toys for the kids
11. Wet wipes to clean sand off your hands
12. A change of clothes
13. A sweatshirt or long sleeve shirt just in case
14. Flip flops or sandals
15. Bottled water
Tags:what to pack for the beach, beach essentials, what to bring to the beach, packing for vacation
Jun 10 2015
Father's Day is coming up fast and we've put together a great list of fun things to do with your dad this year! Forget wrapping up a neck tie and instead consider taking your father out for a fun day he'll never forget! No matter what your dad is into, we have a list of great ideas you can try this year.
1. A day of golf
2. A brewery or winery tour
3. A picnic
4. A trip to the beach
5. Sunday brunch
6. Mini golf
8. A BBQ lunch
9. A museum tour
10. Go kart racing
12. A baseball game
14. A bike ride
15. Visit a historic site
16. Play catch at the park
17. See a movie
18. Dine at his favorite restaurant
19. A whale watch
20. Go to a concert
Tags:fathers day, father's day activities, how to spend father's day
Jun 03 2015
Keeping a clean house can be both tedious and tiring. Sometimes when we let our messes take over they can get out of hand and we spend hours of our free time cleaning. Keep reading to find out seven household chores you can do quickly each day to ensure a clean house all week long.
1. Make the bed first thing in the morning. When your bed is made right after you wake up your bedroom will instantly feel tidy and you will get a simple task out of the way bright and early.
2. Empty all garbage cans. By collecting all kitchen, bathroom and bedroom trash before you head out for the day, you'll ensure an odor-free home when you return.
3. Make sure the dishes don't pile up. If you refrain from throwing dirty dishes in the sink by either hand-washing them or putting them in the dishwasher they will never pile up.
4. Pick up after yourself during the day. If you tend to leave a trail of clutter, make sure you put items in their place when you're done using them. (i.e. put your shoes in the closet, hang your keys on a hook, fold your blanket and put it away in a closet).
5. Don't let the laundry build up. If you have a house full of people, make sure to do one load of laundry daily. This way your dirty clothes will never get out of hand and overwhelming.
6. Run the vacuum. Once you've had dinner and the day is winding down, take five minutes to vacuum the floors (especially if you have pets!)
7. Wipe down bathroom surfaces. Before you hit the sheets at night give your bathroom a quick wipe-down. Make sure there are no toothpaste or soap stains left behind on the sink!