Jul 25 2016
We’re smack dab in the middle of summer in New England and with the recent heat wave we’ve had it’s time to start thinking about our pets! We all remember to keep ourselves cool and hydrated but it’s important to think about our furry friends this time of year! Here are some things you can do to make sure your four-legged friends are safe this summer.
1. Always make sure your pets have fresh, cold water to drink. Bring water with you if you are going to be traveling or away from home for a while.
2. Avoid walking your dogs on hot sidewalks. Their paws can burn the same way our feet would on pavement that has been in the sun.
3. Never leave your pet alone in the car. Even with the windows down, animals can get overheated.
4. Offer your dogs ways to cool off. Fill up a kiddie pool with cold water and invite your pet in for a swim.
5. Don’t leave pets outside while you’re away at work. Make sure they are indoors and are kept cool to avoid heatstroke.
Tags:pets, summer, dogs, cats, keeping pets safe
Jul 20 2016
We love decorating with mason jars! Keep the bugs away with this easy mason jar DIY!
Tags:diy, crafts, mason jar, citronella, mosquitoes, repellent
Jul 13 2016
It's fun, it's easy and the kids will love it! Watch the video below to learn how to make ice cream in a bag in just 10 minutes!
Tags:diy, crafts, summer, kids, ice cream, recipes, kid friendly
Jul 06 2016
We are officially in the middle of the dog days of summer! With today being the hottest day of the year so far in our area we thought this was a great DIY for keeping pets cool!
Tags:diy, crafts, dog treats, pets, frozen dog toys, summer
Jun 29 2016
The perfect red, white and blue appetizer to bring to your 4th of July barbecue!